Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Face" life & "Book" a trip to reality...

Facebook (FB) is a social website that I feel is abused more than used for good but this is one man's opinion.  I have been ask by many friends that are now FB addicts, "Why you didn't accept me to be your friend on FB? Are we not friends?".  I thought if we were friends in the "Real World" that should be good enough. I don't have as much time as the average FB addict to check my page 60 plus times a day.  I don't have FB alerts that come to my phone, I might visit the site once a month.  I have more people wanting to be my friend on FB than I have friends on FB.

Its not that I am against FB but it tickles me how many people have so much time to spend on this social website.  When majority of the time, the people that are on the site are talking about tacos that they burnt.  My purpose for getting a profile was I wanted to see what all of the hype was about, in the process I got in contact with some old friends.  After finding out that they are doing good or telling me whatever they wanted to tell me, I moved on with life.  That was cool!

Looking at it from, Mark Zuckerberg point of view.  It is very beneficial for everyone, especially him.  Everyone in the world can have hundreds of friends and hide behind a page that shows the world what ever image that person choose to portray.  Also you have those who are so bored that FB is their reality so they are content with FB for the rest of their life.  For many businesses it is free advertisement and a easy way to go Global in a matter of minutes.

As we know I am not at a M. Zuckerberg status so I don't have the time to waste on burnt tacos.  I have to put more energy into my personal/professional growth.  I do check my page from time to time just for a laugh which usually turns into disgust because usually there is someone that has posted so many status updates that makes me wonder, "Where do they get all of this time, when I don't think there is not enough time in the day". So I end up getting off of FB and doing some homework but just because FB is not for me right now does not mean its not a Great Creation for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment